The Malahat Nation Chief and Council are committed to supporting an engaged community by ensuring there is a range of opportunities for Malahat Nation members to be knowledgeable about local government and provide feedback on issues affecting their community.
Current Malahat Chief and Council & their Portfolios:
Chief George Harry Jr.
- Te’mexw Treaty Association
- Salish Straits
- Malahat Investment Corporation
- Malahat Nation Lands & Resources Portfolio
- Malahat Nation Community Development Society
Councillor Cindy Harry
- Finance & Audit Committee
- Malahat Nation Administration Portfolio
Councillor Gordon Harry
- Malahat Nation Economic Development Portfolio
- Naut’sa mawt Tribal Council
Councillor Steve Henry
- Kw’umut Lelum
- Malahat Nation Community Programs Portfolio
Malahat Nation has four (4) guiding principles for community consultation:
- Inclusiveness: The Malahat Nation consultation process offers all Malahat Nation members a reasonable opportunity to contribute and to develop a balanced perspective.
- Access to Decision Making: The Malahat Nation consultation process provides participants the opportunity to influence decisions.
- Transparent and Accountable: The Malahat Nation consultation process allows stakeholders understand their role, the level of engagement and the outcome of the process.
- Open and Timely Communication: Malahat Nation provides information that is timely, accurate, objective, easily understood, accessible, and balanced.
For information about Elections, please visit the Elections page.