For more detailed information, please see the official Government of Canada page.
If you require assistance, Cassandra Daniels is available to help you with this process. Please send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting.
- SCIS application
- Guarantor application
- One piece of valid photo ID
- Supporting documents if applicable
- Two identical passport photos
1. SCIS application
Please note. Applications for the new SCIS card are available for pick up with our front desk clerk, Cassie.
2. Guarantor declaration
It is very important that you have an approved guarantor.
The Guarantor for your application needs to sign the Guarantor application, photocopy of your ID and supporting documents if applicable- and one passport photo
3. One piece of photo ID
Acceptable valid identification includes:
- Passport (an international passport is acceptable if it includes the name, date of birth, photo and signature of the applicant and is accompanied by a professionally translated version if not in French or English)
- Driver’s license
- enhanced driver’s license
- Canadian military identification card
- Government-issued identification card
- Government-issued enhanced identification card
- Health card
- Canadian citizenship card (issued before February 1, 2012)
- Canadian permanent resident card
- U.S. permanent resident card (green card)
4. Supporting documents if applicable
5. Two identical passport photos
Or the SCIS photo app has been released at the Apple Store and Google Play- you can find it by searching “SCIS Photo”. There are a couple of things to note:
- Anyone can download and use the app at no charge
- It is for SCIS- only applications and requires several pieces of information including the applicant’s registration number. This means those applying for registration cannot use it yet
- The app does not store personal information once it is submitted.
- The app can be used to submit photos for more than one person.
- The photos can be taken by another person or by the applicant as a selfie.
- All rules about passport-style still apply- light background, no angles, no shadows, no glare, neutral facial expressions, ect.
For best results:
- Use “selfie distance” if the photo is being taken by someone other than the applicant.
- Tell the applicant about the location of the camera lens so that they make direct eye contact in the photos.
- To avoid angles, hold the phone at the face height for the applicant.
Please be advised that the SCIS cards take anywhere from 6-10 weeks to process and be mailed to you.